As much as I didn’t want to I knew I had to put myself in my clients shoes because I want to be the best health coach I can be. I was scared and really kind of digging my heels into the ground on this one. I’m a dietitian, so why would I be scared of a weight and wellness program? First of all I wasn’t playing by my rules anymore, I knew I wouldn’t be eating my beloved foods, I was scared I would be hungry and therefore the unknown was unsettling. I think I really surprised myself this past week because in my opinion nothing but goodness came out of it!
The Stats On My Weight Loss:
If you like stats, you will like these. In 5 days I lost 3.3 pounds, my waist remained the same, I lost 1.5 inches off my hips, .5 inches off my left and right bicep and finally 1.5 inches off my left and my right thigh. So what do you think? Could you live with these stats?
I didn’t have a lot of weight to lose therefore I only did this program for a week. One full week still gave me an eye-opening experience. My goal was to really get a feel for what my clients might experience, as a result that helped me get my head in the game. It doesn’t mean I wasn’t nervous, I didn’t really even know if I would make it the whole week. Having a goal was especially relevant, this is what gave me focus and that was important!
My top 10 takeaways:
1. First thing I learned, it’s doable!
2. I was ok with experiencing a little hunger.
3. Having a small, measurable and attainable goal really helped me keep my focus.
4. You don’t have to eat carbohydrates all day or at every meal to feel satisfied. Being creative and using foods like cauliflower rice can work well.
5. I cleaned up my diet, took out some GI irritants and I now have a sneaky feeling dairy might not be a food that loves my body. *sigh* But hey, now I know.
6. I STILL got to eat and enjoy some of my beloved foods, cheese and avocado, in much smaller, more appropriate portion sizes.
7. I would have overeaten some nights because I liked my dinner so much. I didn’t overeat, I stuck to the plan, and my tummy stayed satisfied.
8. I learned how to prepare and cook 5 new lean recipes and all were awesome.
9. This plan is simple and perfect for the person who is crunched on time.
10. I was ok to play by others rules, they really weren’t that bad. In fact having rules and guidelines really helped.
Your Weight and Wellness Journey, How bad do you want it?
First of all, you need to ask yourself “why do I want to get healthy?” It’s all about your “why”, this is what is going to get you to a place you’ve never been before. If your “why” is I want to lose 45 pounds, or 100 pounds that answer is not good enough.
This is not a diet, this is a journey. You need to dig deep inside, keep asking and keep answering. There is a true answer inside of you, if you can recognize this answer and you follow it throughout your weight and wellness journey you will have life-long success.
Leave me a comment below, I’d love to hear from you.